1. About this notice
This policy notice describes how we collect and process personal data when an individual (“data subject”) in line with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 (“GDPR”) and Data Protection Act 2018 (“DPA”).
Where applicable, this privacy notice describes where to obtain details on how your personal data will be processed when it is transferred to the local franchisee office i.e. the data controller, or the data processor who is authorised by the local franchisee office that provides you with a service in your geographical area.
To find the contact information for your local franchisee office, please enter your postcode into the search box at the bottom of this page.
Definitions of terms within this notice
‘personal data’ means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
‘processing’ means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether by electronic system or paper based system such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
‘pseudonymisation’ means the processing of personal data in such a manner that the personal data can no longer be attributed to a specific data subject without the use of additional information, provided that such additional information is kept separately and is subject to technical and organisational measures to ensure that the personal data are not attributed to an identified or identifiable natural person.
‘controller’ means the natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data. For the purposes of this privacy notice your local franchisee office is the controller.
‘processor’ means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which processes personal data on behalf of the controller. For the purposes of this privacy notice processors will differ between local franchisee offices and you may obtain details from your local franchisee office on request about which processors they have appointed.
‘third party’ means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or body other than the data subject, controller, processor and persons who, under the direct authority of the controller or processor, are authorised to process personal data. For example, this may be a person or organisation you have appointed to act on your behalf.
‘consent’ of the data subject means any freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous indication of your wishes by which you, by a statement or by a clear affirmative action, signifies agreement to the processing of personal data relating to you.
2. Who we are and how you can contact us
For the purposes of this privacy notice and this website, we are a data processor authorised and action on behalf of your local franchisee office.
GoGreen is a franchise operation that introduces vetted, verify and insured local domestic cleaners to customers who require a regular weekly/fortnightly or one-off domestic cleaning service.
Information that is collected via this website will be transferred to your local franchisee office, who for the purposes of this privacy notice are the data controller. To contact your local franchisee office data protection representatives, please enter your postcode into the search box at the bottom of this page.
3. Personal data we would like to collect from you
If you’re a customer enquiring about or wishing to book a cleaning service, we will collect the following personal data from you (this personal data will be transferred from our website directly to our local franchisee office or to a processor acting on behalf of your local franchisee office: –
- Your salutation, first name, surname, phone number(s), email address, property address (including company name if applicable), preferred contact method and preferred cleaning requirements. We collect all of this information in order to allow us to offer you a service that is tailored to you and your needs.
Non-personal data we would like to collect:
- How you heard about us. We collect this information in order to understand how we best reach our customers.
Our lawful basis for processing your personal data is necessary for our legitimate business interests, which is to contact you to provide information about our services and offer you a managed domestic cleaner service. These are legitimate business interests as these activities are vital to the success of our franchisee’s businesses.
If you’re a customer who enters a contract with your local franchisee office for a cleaning service, your local franchisee office or a processor appointed by your local franchisee office will directly collect the following additional personal data from you: –
- Your banking information when setting up a Direct Debit for your cleaning service or if we issue you a refund – bank account sort-code and account number or building society account information.
For paper-based Direct Debit Instructions, your local franchisee office or their appointed processor will securely store the paper instruction for the duration of your contract and for a period of time determined by your local franchisee office after your contract has been terminated. This is done in enable the local franchisee office to provide proof of payment authorisation to your bank/building society should they request it, for example, in the event of an indemnity claim. You may request the specific retention period that your local franchisee office will store your banking information by contacting them directly (see section 1 for details on how to contact your local franchisee office).
For refund requests made by BACS transfer, your local franchisee office or their appointed processor will as you for your banking information in order to process the refund. Your banking information will be stored securely and securely deleted once the payment has been made.
- If you are paying by credit/debit card – the card PAN (the long number across the card), expiry date, valid from date, issue number, name on the card and card verification value (CVV). All franchisees that accept card payments use PCI DSS compliant third-party payment service providers. Local franchisee offices or their appointed processors will never store your debit/credit card information. All card details the are provided on paper forms will be securely shredded following the processing of your payment.
Non-personal data we require from you:
- Cleaning service preferences – clean day/time and service requirements such as frequency of service, number of hours per clean etc.
Our lawful basis for processing your additional personal data is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you, the data subject, is party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract.
If you’re a customer enquiring or wishing to register with your local franchisee office seeking work opportunities to supply domestic cleaner service to our clients, we will collect the following personal data from you (this personal data will be transferred from our website directly to your local franchisee office or a processor by your local franchisee office): –
- Your details: your salutation, first name, surname, phone number(s), email address, date of birth, preferred working hours and relevant work experience. We collect all of this information for recruitment purposes, which is fulfilled by your local franchisee office.
- Referee details: the relationship between you and the referee, the referee’s full name, property address (including their company name, if applicable), contact phone number and email address. We collect this information as part of your application in order to acquire your character references about you from your referees.
Non-personal data we would like to collect from you: –
- How you heard about us. We collect this information in order to understand how we best reach people seeking domestic cleaning work opportunities.
Please note, many local franchisee offices use third-party job advertisement websites to advertise their work opportunities. If you have applied via one of these websites, the particular website that you apply from is the data controller and are responsible for their own data protection obligations. Your local franchisee office has no control over what personal data these websites transfer to your local franchisee office. Please refer to the privacy notice of the website that you applied from for details of how your personal data is processed.
Our lawful basis for processing your personal data is necessary for our legitimate business interests, which is to short-list suitable candidates to register with and to work on behalf of their local franchisee office.
If you’re a customer seeking domestic cleaning work opportunities and made an application that is short-listed and/or successful, we will collect the following additional personal data from you (special category personal data is listed separately): –
- Your details: Right to Work in the UK information and proof of identity including your national insurance number, passport and work permit details, birth certificate in the absence of a passport, driving license, marriage certificate or deed poll information, 3rd party proof of address evidence such as, but not limited to, utility bills, bank statements or current council tax bill.
- 3rd Party emergency contact details: contacts name, phone number and relationship status to you i.e. parent, partner, friend etc. It is advisable for you to seek the permission from the 3rd party to share their contact information with us, prior to providing them. These details will only be used in case of an emergency and for no other purposes.
- Special Category Personal Data: nationality, details of any spent or unspent criminal offences or cautions, DBS details if applicable, health-related details (smoker/non-smoker, pet alleges or any physical or mental health conditions).
Our lawful basis for processing your personal data is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you, the data subject, is party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract.
Our lawful basis for processing the personal data of your 3rd party emergency contact is for our legitimate business interests and also for your vital interests as the data subject should we need to contact them on your behalf in case of an emergency.
When consent is required to process your personal data, or we ask you for sensitive personal data, we will ask you for your explicit consent. We will identify the specific purposes for the data, tell you why and how the information will be used in clear and plain language.
You can withdraw your consent at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by contacting your local franchisee office. Please see section 2 of this privacy notice (who we are and how you can contact us) for details on how to find your local franchisee office contact information.
5. How we use your personal data for direct marketing
When you contact us, we may ask you if you’d like GoGreen marketing information from time-to-time. We will ask you for your explicit consent to do this.
Direct marketing will only ever be carried out by your local franchisee office or by their appointed processor or third-party on the local franchisee’s behalf and never by this website. We will never share your personal data with any third party for their own direct marketing purposes unless you have given us your explicit consent to do so.
You can withdraw your consent at any time, or control your direct marketing preferences, by contacting your local franchisee office.
Please note, many local franchisee offices will use mail leafleting to market their services. These are not classed as direct marketing under the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulation, which regulates direct marketing by phone, email, text message and post. For postal marketing to be considered direct marking, the postal correspondence needs to be addressed to a person by name.
6. When we will share your personal data with others
In the day-to-day running of this website and day-to-day operations of each local franchisee office, your personal and non-personal data you submit will be shared by this website with the following recipients:
- The local franchisee office that manages any territory where you have enquired about our services or have applied to register with for domestic cleaning work opportunities. All local franchisee offices are independent f operation as a Limited Company or Sole Trader business and are UK or EU based. Where a local franchisee office uses IT systems that are hosted in the cloud (IT systems that are accessed over the internet where the data is stored at a remote location or locations), the local franchisee office will ensure there are appropriate technical and organisation measures in place to safeguard your personal data to comply with the GDPR. If you’d like more information about how your local franchisee office will keep your personal data secure, please contact your local franchisee office directly. Please see section 2 of this privacy notice (who we are and how you can contact us) for details on how to find your local franchisee office contact information.
- The referees nominated by you if you are seeking to register and work with your local franchisee office, if referee details are supplied with the application form on our website. The referee’s personal data will also be shared with your local franchisee office.
If you are a customer who has signed up with for a cleaning service, your local franchisee office will share your personal data with the following recipience: –
- The domestic cleaner who will provide your cleaning service. This will include each domestic cleaner you choose to interview prior to starting a cleaning service and each domestic cleaner who may provide you temporary cover if you have requested one should your regular cleaner be unavailable. The personal data we will share with a domestic cleaner is limited to your name, the address of the property where a cleaning service is required and your preferred contact telephone number.
We will also share your personal information with third parties on a one-off basis if: –
- We sell any business or assets (including our own), in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer of such business or assets after the sale is completed successfully.
- We are under a duty to disclose your personal data in order to comply with a legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of supply or any other legal agreements we enter into with you; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our customers, our franchisees, ourselves or other parties we share a relationship with. This includes exchanging information with appropriate organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Cookies and other web tracking activities
A cookie is a small text file that is downloaded onto your device when you access our website. It allows our website to recognise your device and store some information about your preferences and past actions.